5 Tips for Caring for Girls Couture Dresses
We carefully store, prepare, and package our couture clothing. We take all the necessary steps to ensure that your orders arrive at your homes in perfect condition. However, caring for couture girls dresses starts the minute you open your itty bitty boxes.
Our dresses are heirloom-quality pieces that can be passed down for generations if they are cared for properly.
Our tips to help you preserve your couture dresses
1. Hang it Obviously, keeping the dress clean is a top priority. Be careful to keep the dresses put up and away from your little darlings until it is time to wear them. You'll want to hang the dresses when they are not in use. Avoid using wire or wooden hangers. These can snag, stain, and damage girls couture dresses. Our Itty Bitty Toes pearl hangers are the right size for most of our dresses. Plastic or padded hangers will also be fine, in most cases.
2. Fluff it Your Itty Bitty Toes couture dresses might have flattened out a bit after shipping. A clothing steamer is our recommended tool for removing wrinkles and reanimating your dresses. If a dress has tulle, the steamer can be used to fluff up the tulle. Simply, use your steamer as directed and steam each individual piece of tulle to create a full, fluffy, beautiful dress! Clothing steamers are easy to find and quite affordable. If you don't already own a steamer, a basic model should work for this purpose.
3. Clean it DO NOT attempt to wash your couture dresses in a washing machine. These are delicate, handmade dresses, and while they are sturdy, they were not designed to be pummeled around in a washing machine. In order to keep your luxury girls dresses in the best condition possible, it is recommended that you take you couture dresses to an experienced and trusted dry cleaner.
4. Wrap it In between uses and for long-term storage, you will want to store girls couture dresses in garment bags. Do not use plastic bags. They can trap in moisture and cause staining and damage the dresses. Make sure to use a garment bag that's breathable.
5. Store it Girls' couture dresses should be stored in a dark, dry area. Light and moisture are very harmful to couture clothes. Attics and basements are usually too damp or hot/cold to store couture clothing.
Itty Bitty Toes is the premiere online children's boutique. Our couture girls dresses and boys suits are original designs and made entirely by hand. Most of our items are in stock and ready to ship. Visit our shop for luxury children's clothing and handmade leather kids' shoes. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more from Itty Bitty Toes.